ADSM-L

Re: How many simultaneous tape paths can a TSM server dr ive

2005-11-08 07:48:35
Subject: Re: How many simultaneous tape paths can a TSM server dr ive
From: John Schneider <Schneider_JohnD AT EMC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 07:48:12 -0500
Allen,
        Thanks for your reply.  Rephrasing my question, I suppose what I
really want to know is, does a session to a tape drive require more
resources from the TSM server than a session to a disk storage pool?  If
they are the same, then we have no problem.
        I just had never seen a 200 tape drive TSM server before.  EMC (who
makes the CDL) will support up to 512 virtual drives (depending on the
model), so support from the CDL is not the issue.  I just was concerned that
the TSM server itself might cave under the strain.  Perhaps I am worrying
for nothing.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Technology Consultant - Backup, Recovery, and Archive Practice
EMC² Corporation, 600 Emerson Road, Suite 400, St. Louis, MO 63141
Phone: 314-989-3839 Cell: 314-225-9997 Email: Schneider_JohnD AT emc DOT com