ADSM-L

Re: q se f=d show`s wrong volume/media access state?

2005-11-04 10:42:19
Subject: Re: q se f=d show`s wrong volume/media access state?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:41:34 -0500
Henrik - Someone should check me on this, but I believe that KEEPMP=No
         is why Query MOunt does not show a mount for the tape which
Query SEssion reports.  Note that the Session shows a very long Seconds
count, which I believe indicates how long the media has been idle, as
in waiting for the client to traverse the file system in finding the
next
backup candidate.  In a prolonged wait I would expect TSM to give the
drive over to a more active session or process.  Documentation of KEEPMP
is incomplete as to when it will surrender a mount point, so this is
deductive reasoning.

   Richard Sims