ADSM-L

Re: Re TDP for Lotus Domino (again)

2005-11-03 07:48:33
Subject: Re: Re TDP for Lotus Domino (again)
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 07:48:12 -0500
Hi Farren,

The transaction logs are not backed up during a
"domdsmc incremental" command. The transaction logs
are backed up with the "domdsmc archivelog" command.
You are correct that many customers do a "domdsmc selective"
command once a week (or more often, depending on the
amount of log data generated) so that when a
database is recovered, not as many transaction logs
need to be replayed against the restored database.

DBIIDs can change under different circumstances
such as database compaction.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/03/2005
06:40:48 AM: