ADSM-L

Re: Include/Exclude list and missed files]

2005-11-01 14:34:12
Subject: Re: Include/Exclude list and missed files]
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:33:41 -0500
On Nov 1, 2005, at 2:18 PM, John E. Vincent wrote:

...One thing I wondered is since the client service runs as a system
account, should I still have to worry about permissions on the
share itself?

John -

Chapter 3 of the Windows client manual says:
"By default, Tivoli Storage Manager client services run under the
local system account. However, the local system account does not have
access to network mapped drives..."
I'm no Windows expert, but there may be the problem.  I believe this
has been described in past postings.  Read through that chapter for
means of dealing with this.

   Richard Sims