ADSM-L

Re: Checking to make sure TSM Primary and Copypools are in Sync

2005-11-01 12:42:49
Subject: Re: Checking to make sure TSM Primary and Copypools are in Sync
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 11:42:27 -0600
Timothy,

I use the following select statement.  It list the number files and GB's
of data for each storage pool.  If the numbers add up I assume all is
well.  I realize this might not be 100% true but any scenario were this
would not be true seem so remote that I don't worry about it.

select stgpool_name as "Storage Pool",sum(num_files) as "Number of Files", -
sum(physical_mb)/1024 as "Total Physical GBs" from -
occupancy group by stgpool_name

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE

Timothy Hughes wrote:

Hello,

I run a Backup STGPOOL DISKPOOL to CopyPool, Backup STGPOOL TAPEPOOL
COPYPOOL every morning as a Admin Schedule. Is there any way to
check to make sure Primary and CopyPools are in sync after these
processes are completed?

Thanks in Advance!

TSM 5.3.1.4
RS/6000 AIX 5.2