ADSM-L

Re: How to set up an automated Archive job

2005-10-27 02:14:22
Subject: Re: How to set up an automated Archive job
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:14:05 -0400
Troy,

there are exclude.archive and include.archive directives that can be used to
define the default
archive MC for groups of files, and you can use DOMAIN= in the schedule to
include and
exclude filesystems.  How do these not meet your needs?

Regards

Steve

Steve Harris, AIX and TSM Admin

> The other problem with automated archives is that there's apparently no way
> to get them
to use your clopsets.  Because of that, you have to define what gets archived
in the archive
schedule itself.  That means making separate schedules for every server.  If
anyone else has
found a way around that nightmare, I'd be excited to hear it.