ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] How to set up an automated Archive job

2005-10-27 01:42:04
Subject: Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] How to set up an automated Archive job
From: Dierk Harbort <Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:42:08 +0200
Hello, Troy !

We use UC4 instead of the TSM Schedule, and inside the UC4 job there is a
script card with the TSM cl language.

Regards, Dierk

                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"        An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA        Kopie:
                    RIST.EDU>            Thema:  Re: [ADSM-L] How to set up an
automated Archive job

                    27.10.2005
                    00:08
                    Bitte
                    antworten an
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

The other problem with automated archives is that there's apparently no way
to get them to use your clopsets.  Because of that, you have to define what
gets archived in the archive schedule itself.  That means making separate
schedules for every server.  If anyone else has found a way around that
nightmare, I'd be excited to hear it.

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384

>>> MLafrance AT PROSPERACREDITUNION DOT CA 10/26/2005 3:36 PM >>>

It's been so long since we installed TSM that I've forgotten the process
used by the TSM outside contractor to set this up.

I have to setup a monthly archive of a file server. I have the archive
management class but can't figure out how to get the management class
associated with the node. I tried setting it up once but my data expired
after the standard 31 days.

Mike LaFrance
Network Analyst
Prospera Credit Union
Tel 604-864-6638 Fax 604-850-3473
mlafrance@prosperacreditunion
<BLOCKED::mailto:mlafrance AT prosperacreditunion DOT ca>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed.
If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you receive
this email in error, please immediately notify the sender.

Please note that this financial institution neither accepts nor discloses
confidential member account information via email. This includes password
related inquiries, financial transaction instructions and address changes.

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.