ADSM-L

Domino backups/retention

2005-10-25 18:16:00
Subject: Domino backups/retention
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:15:10 -0700
Out of curiosity, since I don't deal with the Domino servers themselves, I'd
like someone to explain the reasoning for the request to create this domain
with the below parameters. How do the numbers relate to selectivearchive,
incrementalarchive and log backups of the domino database? Logs are done
every 6 hours, Incremental done once a day and selective once a week.
Inactivate logs are done with the selective once a week.

I'm just trying to get a handle on how far back things go and if I'm asked
how many versions we have I can answer the questions on how it relates to
each type of backup. If someone can point to a simply worded document that
would help.

VDE Nolimit

VDD Nolimit

RETE 52

RETO 52

Thanks for the help,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com