ADSM-L

Looking for Win-2003/XP/Advanced Server BMR doc

2005-10-25 11:01:03
Subject: Looking for Win-2003/XP/Advanced Server BMR doc
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:00:38 -0500
Up until now, we've successfully avoided having to do bare metal
restores in the Wintel environment. Times change, and we are now
installing the SAP 'Portals' software - and it is not viable to do a
clean install followed by content restore, so it's time to look at BMR.

I *know* there are some good redbooks and redpieces out there, but I'm
drawing a blank on my searches.

Would someone please point me? Links appreciated, document number or
name will be sufficient.

My biggest concern in this process is non-like hardware restore. Not
only can I guarantee the hardware won't match between the backup and the
restore, I can state with a 90% confidence factore that the hardware
manufacturer won't be the same.

TIA

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc