ADSM-L

Re: DR tapes not changing states

2005-10-24 11:04:21
Subject: Re: DR tapes not changing states
From: "Scott R. Grover" <Scott.R.Grover AT SUPERVALU DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:04:02 -0500
We just started to experience this after upgrading TSM server to 5.3 16.....the
eject is failing after a 1 second wait.  (as others have noted, the tapes are
ejected but remain in 'mountable' state).  We have a problem open......but no
answers from IBM yet.   Has anyone figured out how to adjust ACSLS timeout value
on the TSM side  ???    (FYI, we've had STK review a trace, and everything is
fine on that side.....it's just that TSM is only waiting 1 second before failing
the eject...)

Thanks.....

             Dave Zarnoch
             <zarnocd@NATIONWIDE
             PROVIDENT.COM>                                                  To
             Sent by: "ADSM:             ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor Manager"                                              cc
             <[email protected]
             DU>                                                        Subject
                                         Re: [ADSM-L] DR tapes not changing
                                         states
             10/19/2005 11:34 AM

              Please respond to
              "ADSM: Dist Stor
                  Manager"
             <[email protected]

Yeah...

We just ran a test and confirmed that if you immediately remove the tapes,
TSM changes the state.

Unfortunately, we got an I/O error from ACSLS before we removed them the
first time so TSM never
changed the state

Must be a way to change the ACSLS time-out?

Dave Zarnoch
Nationwide Provident
zarnocd AT nationwideprovident DOT com
W 302-452-4197
C  302-462-8703

                      Gerald Michalak
                      <gmichala AT US DOT IBM.        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: [ADSM-L] DR tapes
not changing states
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      10/19/2005 11:13
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

I've seen this before with ACSLS, and TSM doesn't finish the move, and
change the status, until the tapes are removed from the CAP slots on the
library.

Gerald Michalak
630-691-4819
pager 800-759-8352 # 1076423
AIX - Certified Support Technician

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/19/2005
09:13:23 AM: