ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle

2005-10-24 09:04:42
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:04:24 -0400
==> On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:34:35 -0400, Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT
COM> said:

> Can anyone clarify how I can tell how the data was transferred in the below
> messages?  It looks like it was using a tape drive, but I don't know how
> that's possible.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

It is easier to satisfy yourself about this if you can catch the TSM server
while the backup is running.  If you q sess and see your TDPO sessions
running, then q sess f=d; if they're writing to tape, they will have a tape
drive noted in their 'Media Access Status'.

If you are trying to prove something about a past session, then I suggest:

Q ACT for the time range of the backup, searching on your TDPO nodename.  Find
all the SESSIONS it started.

Then for each session Q ACT for that same time range, searching on the session
number.  You may need to search on "SESSION: [session no]" especially if the
session number is small, to avoid false matches.

If your data is hitting serial media pools, you'll see the sessions mount and
close serial volumes.  If not, they're hitting DISK stgpools.

Doable, but tedious.

- Allen S. Rout