ADSM-L

Re: TSM Performance with 3584 LTO-2 Drives

2005-10-21 08:04:34
Subject: Re: TSM Performance with 3584 LTO-2 Drives
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:03:30 -0400
On Oct 20, 2005, at 5:18 PM, Chet Osborn wrote:

The drive firmware is up to date. I'll be damned if I can figure out
how to determine what the 3584 library firmware level is or how to
download it. The device driver (Atape) software is up to data as of a
month o\r so ago.

In your 3584 operator manual, search on "firmware", which under
Activity Screen says "The first line on the screen shows the current
level of library firmware."

Perform downloads through IBM Web page S4000043.  Don't be hesitant
to search the IBM site for its wealth of useful information.  In this
case:  +3584 +firmware

As I mentioned in previous email, you need to pursue the performance
problem via unit tests and benchmarks of the tape and disk
subsystems, separately.  (Never put a subsystem into production
without first testing and measuring its performance against vendor
specs.)

  Richard Sims