ADSM-L

Re: ISC and logcopy error

2005-10-20 16:27:34
Subject: Re: ISC and logcopy error
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:28:31 -0700
When encountering problems like this, it helps to see that actual commands
that the Admin Center sent to the TSM server. The commands appear in the
activity log.

In this case, what is happening is that the Admin Center is implicitly
incuding the FORMATSIZE option along with the DEFINE LOGCOPY, on the
mistaken assumption that the volume does not already exist. So this
problem is not specific to raw logical volumes, but also includes the case
where you are defining a volume as a regular file system file and the file
already exists. I'm sure this problem also exists for DEFINE DBCOPY, too.

The server developers are looking at this, but for now, your work-around
is the correct one.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-10-20
02:18:17: