ADSM-L

v5r3 on gentoo and need libgpfs.so

2005-10-17 14:02:55
Subject: v5r3 on gentoo and need libgpfs.so
From: Ryan P <ryanp AT HHSYS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:46:50 -0500
My organization has support for tivoli client.

This is my first time installing tivoli but I can read a set of instructions.
What I'm not understanding is this need of GPFS, and if I really do need
it to for the backup client, then where do I get it?  I called tech
support and he wasnt much help, found a little section on IBM knowledge
base talking about havign to order the library.  Seems like v5r2 doesnt
need GPFS or anything special.

I'm trying to get v5r3 working on a gentoo box.

I rpm2targz the API and then the BA rpm package.  Then respectfully
gzipped them from / to be extracted in the appropriate dirs.

I have a working dsm.sys config file and when I try to run dsmc I get this
message

./dsmc: error while loading shared libraries: libgpfs.so: cannot open

I know I cant be the first one with this problem. So my question is, do I
really need the GPFS library just to use the backup client and if I do,
where do I get it?

Note: This email is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  Contact the sender if received in error.