ADSM-L

Re: Scheduled backups won't find paths that manual/GUI backups do

2005-10-13 14:19:31
Subject: Re: Scheduled backups won't find paths that manual/GUI backups do
From: David W Litten <dlitten AT DUKE-ENERGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:19:01 -0400
I'm not sure it is supported but it works for us when we run the TSM
Scheduler service with an ID that has rights to the UNC connections that
you are trying to back up. Then, put the shares in the domain statement in
the dsm.opt file.

domain c: d: \\servername\Home_ckpt_bk \\servername\UserData_ckpt_bk
systemobject

Again, if you do this then the TSM service needs to be running with an
account that has rights to connect to and read the files in
\\servername\Home_ckpt_bk and \\servername\UserData_ckpt_bk.

             Yiannakis Vakis
             <yiannakis.vakis@
             ITD.BANKOFCYPRUS.                                          To
             COM>                      ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         Re: [ADSM-L] Scheduled backups
             .edu>                     won't find paths that manual/GUI
                                       backups do

             10/13/2005 12:32
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .edu>

To overcome this problem (as Bill said) you have to logon with the user
that
has the CIFS mount permanently and lock your server (do not logoff with
that
account). This way the schedule will work.
Yiannakis