ADSM-L

Re: include.subfile and management class

2005-10-11 14:24:17
Subject: Re: include.subfile and management class
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:24:58 -0700
include.subfile and exclude.subfile are used only to include/exclude files
from *subfile* processing. They don't affect whether the files are backed
up at all, nor do they affect management class binding.

When enabled for subfile backup, all files are eligible for the subfile
treatment unless you explicitly exculde them via exclude.subfile.

If you are not excluding files from subfile backup processing, then you
can just use include to bind the files to the desired management class.
For example:

   include c:\myudir\*.doc mymgmtclass

If you are using exclude.subfile in a way that requires you to also use
include.subfile, then you'll need to use both include and include.subfile.
For example:

   include c:\mydir\...\* mymgmtclass
   exclude.subfile c:\mydir\...\*
   include.subfile c:\mydir\...\*.doc

In the above example:

- all *.doc files in c:\mydir are eligible for subfile backup processing.
- all other files in c:\mydir will be backed up with normal (non-subfile)
processing.
- all files in c:\mydir will be bound to mymgmtclass

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-10-11
10:32:44: