ADSM-L

Re: Fw: Configuring JBB

2005-10-11 13:49:13
Subject: Re: Fw: Configuring JBB
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:48:43 -0400
==> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:27:10 -0500, "Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT
BHSALA DOT COM> said:

> Already scheduled for it, and planning on posing my question there if I
> don't have a solution in place by then. Thanks!

Might be a dumb question, but you mention

> The node in question is holding onto a tape drive for 20+ hours per backup
> because of the file inspection it has to do, which is why I want to get JBB
> to work.

I don't know why you've chosen to do this direct to tape; could you get your
resources free by hitting a DISK or FILE devclass instead?

The use of a tape might be slowing down your backups, dramatically.
Especially with erratic streams, tape positioning time can come to dominate
your backup.

- Allen S. Rout