ADSM-L

Wrong platform reported by Query Node for a TDP for Exchange Client Node

2005-10-10 14:43:04
Subject: Wrong platform reported by Query Node for a TDP for Exchange Client Node
From: Mike Angel <sysprogm AT YAHOO DOT IT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:27:05 +0200
Hi,

I created two nodes, EXCH01CLUS and EXCH02CLUS with the following commands:

 register node EXCH01CLUS xxxxxxxx domain=PDExchange
 register node EXCH02CLUS xxxxxxxx domain=PDExchange

after the configurations on the two Exchange Server I made some backups, full
and incremental, without problem.

Now, when I make a Query Node command I obtain the output below where you can
see that the Platform for EXCH01CLUS is correctly
reported as TDP MSExchg but the Platform for EXCH02CLUS is reported as WINNT

tsm: TSMCOOP1>q node exch0*

Node Name                 Platform Policy Domain  Days Since Days Since Locked?
                                   Name           Last Acce-   Password
                                                          ss        Set
------------------------- -------- -------------- ---------- ---------- -------
EXCH01                    WinNT    PDWIN                   2          5   No
EXCH01CLUS                TDP MSE- PDEXCHANGE             <1          4   No
                           xchg
EXCH02                    WinNT    PDWIN                   2          2   No
EXCH02CLUS                WinNT    PDEXCHANGE             <1          2   No

As said before, the backups seem to work correctly for EXCH02CLUS even if the
report platform is not correct.
Has someone already had this situation?
How can I fix this?

Environment: