ADSM-L

AW: [ADSM-L] 3494 catagory vs tsm libvol

2005-10-10 07:42:24
Subject: AW: [ADSM-L] 3494 catagory vs tsm libvol
From: Büttner, Christian <Christian.Buettner AT HUK-COBURG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:26:57 +0200

Hi Richard,

we have (had) the same problems. Trying to solve this we had calls with IBM TSM
and 3494-Hardware
Support. The Hardware Support says in the logs thei can see that the TSM as the
main application is
changing the category. but why? nobody can say that. we talked to an IBM
internal - he said there
is a code problem that will cause an loop and then cause this error.

do not audit your library from tsm. tsm will ask the Libmanager and will take
his category!

with mtlib -l /dev/lmcpX -qI | grep mytapes you can see if ther are private
012c or scratch 012d.

than manually change the category with

mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -C -V yourtape -s 012C -t 012D

or you use a file for a change:

mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -C -L /home/xxxx/scratchtapes -s 012C -t 012D

AFTER that audit your library from tsm with audit library your3494lib. when
actlog everything is
successfully without failure then be happy, go drink a coffee and wait for the
next time the
failure occours and hope that there is no audit lib - command before you
realize this problem,
because then you have to reference your volhist-file - and thats not funny!!!!!

best greeting

chris