ADSM-L

Warning!! Invalid backup of ServerSpecificInfo

2005-10-07 07:28:43
Subject: Warning!! Invalid backup of ServerSpecificInfo
From: "Hougaard.Flemming FHG" <FHG AT KMD DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 13:28:23 +0200
Hi all

Just discovered (unfortunately the hard way) that the backup of
ServerSpecificInfo on NetWare servers with eDirectory 8.7 and newer is
Invalid!!!

It will function with eDirectory 8.6 and older (these versions use;
SERVDATA.NDS, DSMISC.LOG, VOLSINFO.TXT, AUTOEXEC.NCF & STARTUP.NCF) -
but not on the versions mentioned above, since these versions use
EmBox.nlm to backup in 3 files (in documentation named; SSIBACK.BAK,
SSIBACK.LOG & SSIBACK.INI - see:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/edir873/index.html?page=/documentati
on/edir873/edir873/data/alaf5up.html)

So it seems like TSM isn't up to date with backup of Server Specific
Info.

Regards
Femming

www.kmd.dk   www.kundenet.kmd.dk   www.eboks.dk   www.civitas.dk
www.netborger.dk www.organisator.dk

Hvis du har modtaget denne mail ved en fejl vil jeg gerne, at du informerer mig
og sletter den.
KMD skaber it-services, der fremmer effektivitet hos det offentlige,
erhvervslivet og borgerne.

If you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify me and delete it. Thank
you.
Our mission is to enhance the efficiency of the public sector and improve its
service of the general public.