ADSM-L

Re: TSM - Tape Library Troubleshooting

2005-10-06 15:28:07
Subject: Re: TSM - Tape Library Troubleshooting
From: Aaron Becar <ab032 AT BYUH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 09:26:03 -1000
Just a quick question.

We are running Red Hat EL4.  TSM 5.2 Level 6.  We have a IBM 3583 Tape
Library.  We have TSM installed, and running, without our tape library.
The library is connected via fiber channel hba.  We have installed the
engineering release of the driver, because that is the only compatible
version with our kernel level (2.6.9-11).  I have run the 'IBMtaped'
command and says it is running.  When we run the hwbrowser there is the
three drive under tape drives, and the TL device in the system devices.
However, is says for all of them "no driver or built-in".  What do I
need to do to have TSM communicate with the tape library?  Thanks so
much!

Aaron