ADSM-L

TSM recovery after host crashes

2005-10-06 10:57:35
Subject: TSM recovery after host crashes
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:57:08 -0400
We have a 5.2.2.0 server running under mainframe Linux, with Linux
running under VM. In the last year we have had two VM crashes and
two Linux crashes. In three of the four cases we were unable to
start the TSM server after the crash because of errors reading the
recovery log. We currently use normal mode logging with no TSM
mirroring of either the database or the recovery log.

Would TSM mirroring of the recovery log with sequential writes
enable us to recover from partial writes to an unmirrored TSM
database?

If not, would recovery log mirroring and database page shadowing