ADSM-L

Is client upgrading necessary at this time?

2005-09-30 14:31:56
Subject: Is client upgrading necessary at this time?
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:31:43 -0400
Hello,

We currently have all but 1 novell TSM clients running 5.2.2 all
running fine although one backup is still running slow and needs
tuning is there any reason that I would need to upgrade to a
higher level client? I believe I read in one of the TSM manuals
that is helpful to keep the clients as close as possible to the TSM
server level. Our TSM server is currently at 5.3.1.4, Other than
that if everything is running ok is there any reason to upgrade? Also,
I know there is a minimum requirements for clients page can someone
email me the link.

AIX RS/6000
Novell clients 5.2.2
TSM version 5.3.1.4