ADSM-L

TSM 5.3 on SuSE SLES9 64

2005-09-29 12:32:55
Subject: TSM 5.3 on SuSE SLES9 64
From: Geert De Pecker <gedp AT SOFICO DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:30:17 +0200
Hello,

We are in the process of setting up a new TSM server:
TSM 5.3
SuSE SLES9 SP2 64bit
Intel baser server
LTO ULTRIUM-TD1 drives

The installation went ok and so far the tsm seems to work ok, but when
trying to
define the path for the lto drive, we have the following error:

tsm: SERVER1>define path server1 drive3 srctype=server  desttype=drive
library=MANUALTAPE device=/dev/IBMtape0 online=yes
ANR8420E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive DRIVE3.
ANS8001I Return code 15.

I tried everything I could think of, but am unable to solve this problem
and
I'm starting to think that the 5.3 version does not support a 64bit linux
on
intel platforms.

Is there someone who had the same experience with 5.3 on SuSE?

Desperate regards,

Geert