ADSM-L

IBM 3582 and cleaning tapes

2005-09-28 04:45:18
Subject: IBM 3582 and cleaning tapes
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:29:54 +1000
We have TSM 5.2 with an IBM 3582 LTO2 tape library.

I followed the instructions in the IBM 3582 manual to configure a
cleaning slot and then configure autoclean for this unit.

I then tried to checkin a cleaning tape using the command:

checkin libvol lb1.1.0.2 CLNU31L1 status=Cleaner Cleanings=50

Upon which I received the following errors:

ANR9999D
mmsscsi.c(8417): ThreadId<36> Element address mismatch; slotInfo.elem =
4118, slotInv.addr = 0 Callchain: 10500D79 outTextf()+1529 <- 1036B851
tsmInitializeServer()+364031 <- (SESSION: 1262, PROCESS: 45)
ANR8310E
An I/O error occurred while accessing library LB1.1.0.2. (SESSION: 1262,
PROCESS: 45)
ANR8426E
CHECKIN LIBVOLUME for volume CLNU31L1 in library LB1.1.0.2 failed.
(SESSION: 1262, PROCESS: 45)

Any idea what may have caused this? I am I going about this the right
way? What I want to do is checkin or insert a cleaning tape and set up
auto cleaning for this tape unit.

Thanks
Paul

Paul Dudley
ANL IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line
pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.