ADSM-L

Re: How to recover "orphaned" tapes.

2005-09-27 10:29:40
Subject: Re: How to recover "orphaned" tapes.
From: "Mcnutt, Larry E." <larry.mcnutt AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:28:11 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
fred johanson
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:58 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Did you try

       upd libv 3493lib01 k20005 stat=scr

Fred,
Thank for the reply.

>Did you try
>
>       upd libv 3493lib01 k20005 stat=scr

This didn't work
ANR8443E UPDATE LIBVOLUME: Volume K20005 in library 3494LIB01 cannot be
assigned a status of SCRATCH.

>Running the following script will help identify candidate volumes.
>
>  select volume_name from libvolumes where
>   status='Private' and libvolumes.volume_name
>   not in (select volume_name from volumes) and
>   libvolumes.volume_name not in (select
>   volume_name from volhistory where type in
>   ('BACKUPFULL','BACKUPINCR','DBSNAPSHOT','EXPO-
>   RT'))

I don't think this will work for my case, because the "volumes" records are
in the library client database, or rather they should be there, but they
don't exist either on the library master or client.

Larry McNutt
The Timken Company

This message and any attachments are intended for the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this communication to others;
also please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then
delete it from your system.
The Timken Company / The Timken Corporation