ADSM-L

Re: Sun Clusters?

2005-09-26 10:38:07
Subject: Re: Sun Clusters?
From: Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:37:27 +0100
Matthew,

I think the reason why you can't find any documentation on it, is that
it is not supported. I think that the only Unix cluster aware TSM client
is AIX with HACMP or Veritas.

I don't think that there is anything stopping you from configuring
multiple stanzas in your dsm.sys with includes/excludes referring to
whether the data/file systems are local or clustered. You could also
then start up multiple schedulers/cads referring to the stanza's.

The only issue would be how to control determining which node currently
owns which resource and therefore which 'clustered' TSM schedulers/cads
should be running. I don't know a great deal about Solaris clustering,
but I would have thought some simple scripting would suffice. You might
run into problems with TSM password authentication on failover.

Leigh