ADSM-L

Re: DB2 Redirect Restore

2005-09-23 12:37:07
Subject: Re: DB2 Redirect Restore
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:36:25 -0500
This all goes back to a general question about redirected restores of
databases. You have to allow time for the db application to format the
space where the restore will go.

We have had numerous threads here about this issue with MSSQL redirected
restores, and you have to up your timeout thresholds to allow for the
file formatting to complete.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
 Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) AIX
Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627