ADSM-L

3494 question

2005-09-22 14:40:53
Subject: 3494 question
From: cc52 <CC52 AT SDSUMUS.SDSTATE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:39:05 CDT
We are upgrading a TSM AIX 5.2 system from using   3494/3590 E1A's
to H1A's.  We would like to use Fibre instead of SCSI but our
3494 Library Manager can't run the level of code to support fibre
without upgrading the Library Manager machine.  (We're still trying to
find the 3494 feature code to do that).   If we don't do this the
H1A SCSI support is supposed to work in the existing Library Manager.
What type of difference is there in TSM thruput using fibre vs SCSI
on the H1A drives (Ballpark figure for management)?

Ron Greve
SDSU Admin and Research Computing