ADSM-L

Re: Which Tape Technology?

2005-09-22 08:36:13
Subject: Re: Which Tape Technology?
From: "Barnes, Kenny" <Kenny.Barnes AT GMACINSURANCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:35:30 -0400
We switched from 8-3590E1A drives and the 3494 librar to 8-3592 drives
and a 3584 library and trimmed 6 hrs off backup times.  We backup 1.3 tb
data per night with 90% going to disk pools and then off to tape.  We
are also essentially getting the work done using four of the drives.

Infrastructure is all 2gb fibre with tape drives connected to 2-9216
cisco's with four drives each.