ADSM-L

Backup windows mapped drive

2005-09-21 18:40:46
Subject: Backup windows mapped drive
From: Jason Lee <english AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:40:19 -0700
Hi,

First, I'm a Unix guy and this windows stuff is hurting my head :-)

I have a NetApp filer that is sharing a qtree as CIFS only. I have a
"client" machine (Windows server 2003) that I would like to use  to
back up this share. Right now, I can back it up if I do it as Domain
Admin, but this seems like overkill. I'm trying to do this as a more
*normal* user. I've attempted to put them into the backup operators
group, but I still get 1447 required nt privilege error.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Jason