ADSM-L

Re: RS/6000 AIX

2005-09-21 14:32:45
Subject: Re: RS/6000 AIX
From: AARON BECAR <ab032 AT BYUH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:29:08 -1000
Sorry this question is not about TSM, maybe the wrong place to be
asking, but for about the past week, every other day we are experiencing
this error.  If anyone has seen this before could you give some input?
Thank you so much.  We are running an RS/6000 on AIX I believe it is
4.3.

Here is the error message.

0512-018 mkszfile: The backup could not continue because the 20 Kbytes
of free work space on the / filesystem that are necessary
were not found.  Before you reissue this command, you
should extend the / filesystem (chfs) or free up space to provide a
total of 20 Kbytes of free work space in the / filesystem.

0512-008 mksysb: The mkszfile command failed.  Backup canceled.

Just a note also, we get warnings about low power?  Does this make a
difference?

Thanks!

Aaron