ADSM-L

Re: NetWare client install

2005-09-21 09:25:38
Subject: Re: NetWare client install
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:24:36 -0500
This isn't exactly the error you're getting, but it looks awfully close.  I
think it's probably worth giving a try at least.

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10023546.htm

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384

>>> storman AT US.IBM DOT COM 9/20/2005 5:07:33 PM >>>
Hmm... Not my area of expertise, but off-hand this sounds like it could be
a problem with nwconfig, maybe with the product database (?). You might
try NetWare support, as this would seem to be related to nwconfig, not
TSM, per se.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" < ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU > wrote on 2005-09-20
12:38:56:

> I'm trying to install tsm 5.3 netware client from cd
> Working from the netware server.
> I selected the "product options" then "install a product not listed"
> During the install process I get the error message.."product
> database failed error 2 (nwconfig -6-354)
>
> I know the data is on the cd "tsmnw530c_netware.exe "
> can't get a successful install.
>
> Any suggestion how I can install tsm 5.3 on my netware client
>
> Gary

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.