ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server Recovery (AIX)

2005-09-20 13:49:22
Subject: Re: TSM Server Recovery (AIX)
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:48:55 -0500
Here's the process we use:

1) Boot from CD, whatever version you've got (if you have a software
support contract, you can order a media refresh for the current version)

2) Enter maintenance mode from the boot and restore the system from tape
        This will restore your mksysb, adding additional hardware
drivers as needed from the boot CD

3) Insert your maintenance CD after the restore completes and update all
to current level -- this will update any drivers pulled from the CD in
step two to your current maintenance level

4) If a bosboot update occurred in step three, reboot.

There's no need to install AIX, update, and then install TSM

Once you go to AIX 5.3 you'll have the option to install all device
drivers to your system image, so you can boot/install from a dvd backup
and not need to grab new drivers from the install CD.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc