ADSM-L

RES: Include/exclude issue ?

2005-09-19 14:48:20
Subject: RES: Include/exclude issue ?
From: Paul van Dongen <Paul AT VANGUARD-IT.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:47:37 -0300
Hello Justin,

   Exclude.dir statements take precedence over all includes and
includes, so you cannot include some files that reside on directories
excluded by a exclude.dir. Your options would be:

1) code all the individual exclude.dir statements, leaving alone the one
you want;
2) Use the virtualmountpoint statement in your configuration file,
therefore making the desired directory appear as a separate mount point
for backup purposes.

Paul Gondim van Dongen
MCSE
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
       Tivoli Storage Manager 5.2
       Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.2
VANguard - Value Added Network guardians
http://www.vanguard-it.com.br
+55 81 3419-8094