ADSM-L

Re: Installing TSM on Sun Solaris (Sparc)

2005-09-18 11:32:28
Subject: Re: Installing TSM on Sun Solaris (Sparc)
From: "Dietz, Don" <Don_Dietz AT ADVANCEMAGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:31:37 -0400
Marc,

IBM support is correct, in this case, that any Java enabled web browser
will suffice.
I'm currently running four (4) TSM servers v5.2.3.3 on Solaris 8
servers.
You do not need to execute/run the web browser on your TSM server
itself, and I do not.
However, I have used Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, and Firefox
browsers to
manage the TSM servers from Windows XP laptops and desktops, and Mozilla
and
Firefox browsers installed on a Sunblade running Solaris 10. Just be
sure to install and
configure the Java run-time pluggin to enable the browser command line
capability.

You connect to the TSM server web admin interface, using its default
admin port of 1580.
        Example: http://tsm-server-fqdn_or_IP-address:1580

BTW, I use both the browser and command-line interfaces, as each has
their own strengths,
and weaknesses.

Links:
http://getfirefox.com