ADSM-L

Re: 3583 library

2005-09-16 01:06:02
Subject: Re: 3583 library
From: Markus Engelhard <Markus.Engelhard AT BUNDESBANK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:05:35 +0100
Hi Andrew,

IMHO, IBM SCSI libraries such as 3583 need the IBM tapedriver, not the TSM
driver...
Checkin with search=yes is quite straightforward once the cartridges are in
the library (Open door, take out elephant, stuff cartridges into slots,
close door, wait for automatic inventory, checkin tapes as whatever you
need with TSM)

Regards,
Markus