ADSM-L

Re: generate full backup using backupsets

2005-09-15 11:29:33
Subject: Re: generate full backup using backupsets
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:29:15 -0400
Hi Maurice -

Depends on the situation.
The advantage of bringing the imported node back under a different name:
You can move it to a different domain where you can set the copy groups
so that the data doesn't expire.

If you only plan to have the filespace(s) around long enough to do 1
restore, that wouldn't be necessary; you could just do the import with
DATES=RELATIVE, restore from the imported (newly named) filespace, then
delete the imported filespace.

Wanda