ADSM-L

export import node metadata TSM database

2005-09-15 09:54:17
Subject: export import node metadata TSM database
From: Kurt Beyers <Kurt.Beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:53:58 +0200
Hi,

Is there any metadata of the exports stored in the TSM database?

If I want to export eg two clients A and B to the same volume (eg a tape vol001
that has enough space of course), can I specify twice the command:

export node A filedata=backupactive devclass=<tape> VOL=vol001
export node B filedata=backupactive devclass=<tape> VOL=vol001

Will the second export of node B overwrite the first export of node A or does
the TSM server knows that there is already an export written on it at the
beginning of the tape and will the export of node B be written after the export
of node A?

Or must I specify

export node A,B filedata=backupactive devclass=<tape> VOL=vol001

to have both nodes exported to the same tape?

And what if want to run an import of node B only for a restore from the tape
that contains the export of node A too with the command:

import node B filedata=backupactive devclass=<tape> VOL=vol001

Will it go directly to the point on the tape where the export of B has been
written or will it read the entire tape untill TSM finds the beginning of the
export of server B?

best regards,

Kurt Beyers