ADSM-L

Re: What are the correct steps when moving slots from one partition to 2nd partition

2005-09-14 16:27:03
Subject: Re: What are the correct steps when moving slots from one partition to 2nd partition
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:25:48 -0400
Speaking of  which similar work was performed today.
Here's the steps I used.  The setup is little different from yours because
I have one TSM instance with two partitioned libraries defined.
AIX, TSM 5.2.4.5, 3584 Library with LTO1 and LTO2 drives.

1.Migrate all the data off from disk to tapes
2. Perform database backup
3.  Halt  dsmserv
4.  CE repartition the library
5.  Verify from OS with this commands to make sure repartition correctly
tapeutil -f /dev/smc0 elementinfo ---------------> OS should be able to
detect new setting.  If OS can't see TSM can't see.  So may need to reboot
tsm server/library at this point.
tapeutil -f /dev/smc1 elementinfo-
lsdev -Cc tape
lscfg -vl smc*
lscfg -vl rmt*

6.  Here's the part might be different may/or maybe not needed.

audit library library ibm3584 checklabel=barcode
audit library library ibm3584l2 checklabel=barcode

If the audit fails goto steps below or skip to step 8
*It's been my experience that after repartitioning  and TSM comes backup,
it may have problem communicating with the library device for example smc0
and smc1 and which in that case, redefine the library to make it work.

7.
Delete drive/library paths for audit which failed
Delete drive/library for audit which failed
Redefine library/path/drives/paths for audit which failed
Audit library to check in scratch and private tapes.
audit library ibm3584l2 checklabel=barcode
checkin libvol ibm3584l2 search=yes status=scratch checklabel=barcode  --->
Scratch first or you will have to manual locate scratch and update.
checkin libvol ibm3584l2 search=yes status=private checklabel=barcode
audit library ibm3584 checklabel=barcode
checkin libvol ibm3584 search=yes status=scratch checklabel=barcode
checkin libvol ibm3584 search=yes status=private checklabel=barcode

8.  No further action required.

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/14/2005
04:10:19 PM: