ADSM-L

problem displaying archives on W2K/W2K3 clients..

2005-09-14 14:24:22
Subject: problem displaying archives on W2K/W2K3 clients..
From: "Patterson, Scott" <SPatterson AT HESS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:24:03 -0400
Afternoon all,

Our TSM Server is AIX 5.2.02 at TSM 5.2.6.  This morning we noticed a
strange problem with 2 of our windows clients that do archiving.  When
one attempts to retrieve from the archive using the Backup-Archive GUI
nothing displays in the window.  In this case "nothing" means you only
see the directory structure.  One client is W2K and the other is W2K.
Both clients were originally at version 5.1.5 of the client.  When we
saw the problem, we installed version 5.3.015 of the GUI.  Nothing at
all changed with what was being displayed (what was NOT being displayed)
in the window.  DSMC RETREIVE commands do work from the command line.

Data which was backed up displays correctly in the RESTORE windows.

Has anyone seen similar behavior?

Scott