ADSM-L

Re: TSM client wildcard

2005-09-14 11:33:38
Subject: Re: TSM client wildcard
From: David McClelland <david.mcclelland AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:32:58 +0100
It's a little messy, perhaps the same result could be achieved, using the
*same* single schedule which runs a script on each host - this .bat or .pl
file might have the dsmc archive invocation specific to that host,
containing the appropriate drive letter (hey, if you're good with perl,
you could even script that and make it generic/identical across hosts
too).

It's not pretty, but it'll work...

David McClelland

Andrew Raibeck <storman AT us.ibm DOT com>
14/09/2005 15:08
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] TSM client wildcard

You can only wildcard file names in the archive, incremental, or selective
command file specifications:

Invalid: dsmc archive *:\abc\*
Invalid: dsmc archive c:\abc*\*
Valid: dsmc archive c:\abc1\* c:\abc2\* d:\abc\*

Thus you will need to spell out the drive letters in your file specs,
i.e.,

   objects="c:\saq\prd\ed\donnee\backup\* e:\saq\prd\ed\donnee\backup\*
g:\saq\prd\ed\donnee\backup\* h:\saq\prd\ed\donnee\backup\*"

And yes, if the drive letters differ on each machine, you will need
separate schedules for each machine.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-09-14
06:04:07: