ADSM-L

Re: Domino TDP on Solaris configuration question

2005-09-14 11:00:09
Subject: Re: Domino TDP on Solaris configuration question
From: Eduardo Esteban <eesteban AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:56:42 -0700
The TSM client dsm.opt file must define a DOMNODE option for each TDP
node, for example

   SERVERNAME   baserver
   COMMMETHOD         TCPip
   TCPPORT            1500
   TCPSERVERADDRESS  node
   NODENAME            BANODE
   PASSWORDACCESS     generate
   PASSWORDDIR       /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin
   DOMNODE /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_notes1/domdsm.cfg
   DOMNODE /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_notes2/domdsm.cfg
   DOMNODE

Also,  each domdsm.cfg options file must include the ADSMOPTFILE  option,
for example

ADSMOPTFILE=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_notes1/dsm.opt

Eduardo

Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
09/14/2005 07:16 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Domino TDP on Solaris configuration question

I want to be able to access the Domino backups via the web-gui. However, I
can't seem to figure out how to configure it, considering the
multi-partition server configuration we are using.

Here is the config:

SUN Solaris system
6-Domino instances
TSM 5.3.x client
TDP 5.3.x client
13-Node definitions per server (6-daily/logs, 6-weekly and 1-OS)

When I tried to access the "Data Protection for Domino" option under
"restore", I get the error "ANS1602E The Domino plugin operation failed
because the preferences file was not found" ?

How do I tell it what preference file to use/find, since there are so many
node definitions ?

How do you run multiple web-gui's for the multiple nodes/instances ?  or
do you ?