ADSM-L

Are systemservices & asr included when doing a "backup systemstate" command?

2005-09-13 15:27:11
Subject: Are systemservices & asr included when doing a "backup systemstate" command?
From: "Schaub, Steve" <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:26:35 -0400
TSM server 5.2.4.3
TSM client 5.3.0.5 on Win2003

For a variety of reasons, I have to run volume and system-level backups
via batch scripts.
My batch script for system-level currently just does a "backup
systemstate"
Going back and reading the doc seems to indicate that systemstate,
systemservices & asr all need to be run individually, but the log from
the backup shows that asr & systemstate were both backed up - now I am
not sure if systemservices were included as well?

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, WNI
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
423-752-6574 (desk)
423-785-7347 (cell)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm