ADSM-L

Re: 5.1.9 to 5.3.1 migrate install - Cleanup Backupgroups?

2005-09-13 14:52:32
Subject: Re: 5.1.9 to 5.3.1 migrate install - Cleanup Backupgroups?
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:51:53 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Alexander Lazarevich
>Excellent Information, thanks Ruth. However, I do have one question: in
>both the install guide and the TSM server upgrade tech note (1177863),
>they say to run the command "Cleanup Backupgroups" on TSM 5.1
>before the
>upgrade to 5.3, especially "if there are any Windows 2000 or higher
>clients that backup up to the TSM server". I can't find this command
>anywhere in TSM 5.1.9 server, and 75% of my clients are 2K or
>higher, so
>I'm stuck wanting to run a command I don't have!?!?

How do you know you don't have it? Have you tried running it? (If you
run 'Help CLEANUP BACKUPGROUPS', you won't see anything; there isn't a
help for it.)

Don't be alarmed if it takes awhile to run; if it has a lot of cleanup
it will take quite some time.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
  Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) AIX
Office 262.521.5627