ADSM-L

Re: q filespace / q occ

2005-09-12 10:44:26
Subject: Re: q filespace / q occ
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:44:02 -0400
What figure are you using from "q filespace"?

The "capacity" is the size of the client disk or filesystem,
multiply capacity by "Pct Util" and you will get probably the
correct figure.  That is the amount of data on the client system
at any one time.

These two cammands will probably never be the same.  q occ
will vary depending on your data retention policies.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE 09/12/05 9:48 AM >>>
Hello, TSMers !

I'm confused about the space a node uses in tsm: The q filespace for this
node tells me about 16,123,456,8 (16TB). But, if i use q occ for the same
node tsm tells
me only about 6,123,456.9 (6TB).. I can't see many details, it is an db2
node serving tsm via api interface. So it seems to me like a black box,
sent from db2 node into tsm.
Where is my mistake ? Any idea is welcome !

Regards,

Dierk

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.