ADSM-L

Re: Trouble initializing a new TSM Server

2005-09-11 09:41:05
Subject: Re: Trouble initializing a new TSM Server
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:40:50 -0400
On Sep 11, 2005, at 9:17 AM, LeBlanc, Patricia wrote:

I have just installed the tsm server software and I ran
Dsmserv runfile /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/webimages/dsmserv.idl

And that's where I got the error.

Is aix 5.3 ok for tsm server 5.2.4???  I wonder if I should back level
to aix 5.2??

Use the TSM Support Page for such information lookup...
 http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/
IBMTivoliStorageManager.html
where the Server Requirements area tells you that TSM 5.2 is fine
with AIX 5.3.

We need you to tell us whether you did a 'cd' into the server
directory before invoking the 'dsmserv' command. The indications are
that you are not sitting in that directory when you invoke the
command. TSM expects to find resources in the Current Directory
unless you explicitly point it to an alternate directory via the
DSM_DIR environment variable.

    Richard Sims