ADSM-L

Client install id

2005-09-09 16:35:53
Subject: Client install id
From: Larry Peifer <peiferlt AT SONGS.SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:35:20 -0700
We're installing 90 TSM 5.3 clients on a mix of W2K and W2K3 servers.
These are all new - 1st time installs.  Several are domain controllers and
several are clustered for failover.    Looks to me like we have several
choices for ID's to use for installs: Local Administrator ID, Domain
Administrator ID, and members of the Administrator group.  We run Journal,
Schedule, and Web services.  All passwords for all IDs mentioned above get
changed every 90 days per Corporate IT Security mandate.  What pros / cons
are there for using a particular ID to install with?