ADSM-L

Re: A quick question about stgpool.

2005-09-09 16:03:08
Subject: Re: A quick question about stgpool.
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:02:55 -0500
Matt,

I have been following this thread.  At first I was a little confused by
what you were trying to accomplish.  I think I understand now what you
want to do.  One way to get something similar to this would be to create
a backupset and use a device type of file.  Backupsets do not restore as
fast as image backups but they do have some advantages.  You might want
to look at the pros and cons of this before you go forward.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE

Martinez, Matt wrote:

Hi Tsmers,

Is there any way to retain the active copy of data to Disk storage pool
while migrating the rest to tape. For example keeping the active copy on a
Disk Pool while migrating old copies to a Tape Pool.

Thank You,
Matt Martinez
Systems Administrator
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.