ADSM-L

Re: A quick question about stgpool.

2005-09-09 13:58:10
Subject: Re: A quick question about stgpool.
From: "Pugliese, Edward" <EPugliese AT NYBOT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:57:56 -0400
Out of curiosity, what is the reason for this requirement ?

TSM and an appropriate configured library can be pretty fast at
restoring files even if the last active version was backed up a long
time ago.

What if you sent the data you wanted to keep in the diskpool to a
separate diskpool from other data and only cached that diskpool ?   If
you do a "dsmc sel" for just these files then they will always have the
active file in the diskpool.   This seems like a pretty drastic approach
though.

Maybe someone else will chime in with a better suggestion.